Adding both flavor oil and EO to lip balm?

Is it okay to add both flavor oil and EO to a lip balm? I have a flavor oil for Green Tea Mint, but want to add Peppermint EO to give it a little tingle - would there be any foreseeable problems with that? Or should I be using something else to get the "tingle"?

Thanks!

Sarah

You can add both, just make sure TOGETHER you don't go over the recommended usage rates. Peppermint EO is very strong. I tend to use it (by itself) at about 1%, which gives me tingles, and it quite strong.

For your flavor oil, you should ask your supplier what the usage rate is. It varies with flavor oils greatly depending on the supplier. I know with mine it's a max of 1%, and they mean it! I've got one (chocolate) that if you use too much it'll start burning, fairly normal with chocolate flavor oils. But at 1% it's perfect.

Anyway, if your supplier recommends 1% for the flavor oil, I'd do a blend of 0.5% Flavor Oil & 0.5% Peppermint (or any other blend that equals the 1%. But as for blending them together, I love doing that! My favorite is Chocolate Flavor Oil with Peppermint EO! YUM!!!