Pros & Cons using Additives

I've been blending the different Golden Brand waxes with 20% t 45% paraffin. I'm getting some really nice results with scent throw, adhesion,and color. The blends that I like best for the adhesion seem to get a deeper melt pool. The wicks seem to be fine, I think it's just because of the lower melt point temps. I was thinking of adding an additive that adds hardness and slows the burn time down. But I can't help thinking if I do that it will loose it's adhesion to the containers. Any opinions? Tia

Go for it! You won't know till you try. I have not blended my own parasoy yet, so I'm sorry that I am not much help to you. I think the best way is to conjure up your own monstrosity and see what happens. Look at the descriptions of various additives and see what would suit your needs most and dive right in! Are you using a straight paraffin and soy?

I'm diving and I keep diving even deeper, lol.

I was just hoping someone would share a little about the different additives that could be added. I've read thru the the old post and the different suppliers explainations but they really don't explain very well.

I really like my parasoy blend. I use the GB 444 wax which is soy with a 2% UA and IGI 4627 paraffin. I have excellent adhesion but the 2% UA helps with hardening the wax for a slower burn.

I have tried blends with GB 415 (100% soy) and paraffin. My melt pool was DEEP with my normal wicking that I use for parasoy. I really had to wick down to slow the burn down and when I did that, I was having a hard time getting the melt pool to the glass. A small amount of beeswax or coconut oil can harden the wax and help with burn time.

I have tried vybar and didn't like the results but everyone is different. I preferred the beeswax (3%) or coconut oil (1/2 T) over stearic acid for hardening the wax in my parasoy blend.

My melt pool was DEEP with my normal wicking that I use for parasoy. I really had to wick down to slow the burn down and when I did that, I was having a hard time getting the melt pool to the glass.

This is the exact problem I'm having. If I wick it to burn a full melt pool, the melt pool is real deep. If I wick down, it won't reach a full melt pool and it doesn't seem to matter which type of wick I use.

Since I have c/o, I'll give it a try. Thank you :highfive: