anybody doing these?

If i read it right I give them 35.00 to give away 50 of my products? To who? Just people that pay for a box of little stuff?

Q: Who wants Market Boxes™?

A: Market Outside the Box is currently advertised in over a dozen magazines, as well as through radio, print, direct mail and web advertising. A quick review of those magazines should give you a general idea of the audience – but, here is a demographic profile: Primarily women, 25-54, mail order/online shoppers. Median household income $50,000+, 70% are college educated, majority are homeowners. Enjoy crafts, home decorating, do-it-yourself projects, gardening, and cooking. Enjoy shopping for crafts, décor items, pampering products, kitchen gadgets, specialty gourmet, unique gift ideas.

Out all all the pics of the magazines there is links to 3 websites that they have banners on. I have never heard of them for all that advertising.

Not sure it seems like a neat idea but if its a gimmick its alot of hard earned money and product toi waste every month.

You may be better with a targeted marketing list and then sending free samples to that, this way if you want to do boutiques you target them florists you target them.

Hey there,

Great thoughts and feedback!

I have to say it is definately not a scam. I just sent in 100 samples the boxes went out and I have already gotten orders.

The target market is the average consumer, who is interested in shopping either online or trying new things.

Here's one snippet from the FAQ

http://www.marketoutsidethebox.com/faq.htm

Q: Who wants Market Boxes™?

A: Market Outside the Box is currently advertised in over a dozen magazines, as well as through radio, print, direct mail and web advertising. A quick review of those magazines should give you a general idea of the audience – but, here is a demographic profile: Primarily women, 25-54, mail order/online shoppers. Median household income $50,000+, 70% are college educated, majority are homeowners. Enjoy crafts, home decorating, do-it-yourself projects, gardening, and cooking. Enjoy shopping for crafts, décor items, pampering products, kitchen gadgets, specialty gourmet, unique gift ideas.

Anyways, we have been talking about these on several forums. I guess I am the guniea pig so far. LOL

Just wondered if anybody had done them here.

I personally think that the more diverse products the boxes get, the more popular they become with consumers. Thus providing more leads for us to a yet untapped market share.

The few orders I have gotten have more than paid for the fee and 3/4 of the product I sent, so that is pretty darn good for a first time and it has only been a week.

The thing I like about these is that the consumer has to pay something to get a box to try, they have an investment, no mater how small. So, they are probably really look at the box. Where as if you sent free samples, people may just toss them aside and see them as potentially with no value.

I like the fact that they screen participants too. If a person/company have a poorly presented product, they can't get in.

So, the items hopefully will all be attractive enough to make each other look good.

Really compared the print advertising that i have done this is cheap in comparison.

Will keep you posted on the progress through the next month. :)

I can vouch for the Marketing Box and Traci. I have been doing the box off and on for about 6 months. I have also taken part in some of the other advertising campaigns. Traci is one of the most dynamic people I know. She has very creative ways to get your product out there. I would highly recommend seeing if you can take part in her efforts. They do pay off.

Traci also helped in the complete re-design of my website. I would not have been able to do it without her. She understood my vision and ran with it. It is very hard to find someone who shares your vision and can interpret it so well. I am happy to see someone else here who has found her and the wonderful things that she can do for you.

I am proud to say that I am Traci's (and her staffs) number one fan!

Yes, I did. I actually scent 2 tealights in an acetate box. I did this for 3 months running with different scents each month. Because of the slow season I have not participated in about 3 months. I plan on doing it again come the new year. I know that I should be focused on Holiday sales but I am way too busy to take on a project of this size right now. I sent about 60 little boxes each month.

• 3 weeks later...

and what lovely shea it is!!! yummah!! I have no idea what this is scented with....but I love it! And I normally can not stand unrefined shea.

I am really impressed with my box! This is my first one, I signed up for three months to get a look-see. We got a fab link bracelet and gorgeous keychain! These two items alone were worth the three months to me!:yay:

Plus, I got to try Rachel's shea moi butter!

Also included:

Rose Water Creme

Power Balm Natural Pain Relief balm Stick

A cute little scarecrown pin painted

Rudolf's Revenge Soap Ball (lol)

Grapefruit Herbal Replenshing cream

Bath Tea

Microwave Recipe Book

and a few catalogs and coupons

It is from amypetersstudio.com and I really love it!

Hmm....well what all was in your box Kristine? Did you get something else that I did not list?

I thought they would all be the same , too!? I was just looking on the site at this month's featured vendors, and I did not get things from some of them that are listed.

Ok, now this is the best of my knowledge as I have given things out to my nieces already :tiptoe:

Shea moi sample, pin and business cards

Spices for chicken, recipe included

Reindeer Poop

Italian bracelet, catalog

Eye cream, face cream and another cream, business card

Acorn/leaf pin

Rose water cream

Magazine

Pen & Pencil

Ring, business card

Microwave recipe book

Coupons, post card w/ coupon