Jar/wetspot issue

OK I know on the old board there was several conversations about wet spots. I know you have to love them and I do. It's just that in my 8 oz jelly jars using j223/4786 (50/50)/ heated jars/pour 180, I have too many for the label to cover. My question is on the old board I seen many ideas about removing them. I tried the heat gun they just come back. Someone suggested a hat water bath or something like that. Any suggestions that works for people using 8 oz jelly jars. Funny thing is I also do 9 oz Hex jars and no wetspots at all. what determines how they adhere, temp, glass properties, shape etc????

Thanks

I use a 50/50...and I still get wetspots..did not seem to in the begining when I started using it..but after I unboxed some that were stored..they had them..I only use 8oz/16oz jelly jars and filled votives..they all have the spots..I just deal with it..I don't even cover them up. ;)

I pour at 155(recommended temp from supplier)..and do not heat the jars..which was also recommended.

I really don't think the customers care..as long as they burn good and smell good and strong.JMHO

Some of it also can be caused by bumps and lumps on the insides of the containers. A lot of places seem to have nice exteriors on their containers but the insides have concave and convex spots which can really mess up your adhesion.

If you don't want wetspots use a straight parafin with a low melt point instead of one of the preblends. The straight parafin will eventually pull completely away from the glass. Alas, no wet spots. Or ONE big wetspot if you want to be precise.

I use a straight parafin and add my own additives. Gives me more control over everything!

Ask your customers if they even notice the wetspots or CARE. Most will not have a clue what you are talking about and the rest won't care.

In my experience you will never get them to go away and stay away. It is the nature of the beast. Good Luck.

Dat

I don't particularly care for it but the J300 I have never gotten wet spots.

But I did find that pouring around 155-165 lessened mine in the J223 and J50 family. But I do heat my jars to about 170 degrees now and it has lessened it even more. Only have a few little ones and they only appear after them sitting for a few weeks.

HTH

I have been doing the same thing as Blue Diamond and it seems to be working really well for me. Pour at 155, zap the jars with a heat gun and I've cut down the wetspots by about 75%. Then again, it's summertime so I don't have the cold air to contend with!

I am genuinely trying to help so please do not take this the wrong way but do you wash your jars? I noticed that if I run them through the dishwasher I get less spots. In fact, washing and heating the jars seems to alleviate most of the spots that I was getting. Now sometimes they do come back.

Before a big show, I go through my stock and hit the bad ones with a heat gun because although I have embraced them - they still look tacky to me so I do try to keep them to a minimum. Just call me anal - everyone else does :D