Does polypropylene wrap stick?

coconut

Trying to decide between using polypropylene wrap or ziplock bags. This is to wrap tarts and to cover wickless glass bowls. Does polypropylene stick to itself and to glass like commercial plastic wrap, or does it need to be secured with stickers or tape, or tied on? Thanks in advance. I would just go buy some but most good stuff must be mail-ordered in SW Florida. We have two sayings-you can't get there from here and you can't get that here. :laugh2:

Trying to decide between using polypropylene wrap or ziplock bags. This is to wrap tarts and to cover wickless glass bowls. Does polypropylene stick to itself and to glass like commercial plastic wrap, or does it need to be secured with stickers or tape, or tied on? Thanks in advance. I would just go buy some but most good stuff must be mail-ordered in SW Florida. We have two sayings-you can't get there from here and you can't get that here. :laugh2:

For wrapping tarts polypropylene is much better but it needs to be secured. FO's and baggies don't play well for direct contact but would do OK as a cover. Polypropylene is much clearer than a baggie.

JoyD

I am glad you posted this. I usually make clamshells, but I wanted to add tarts (melts) for some shows coming up. I think they can be wrapped in fun ways and can be presented in pretty ways.

At Christmas time I would like to wrap them somehow in the poly bags or tightly like Yankee does and then put them in decorative silks bags to sell in sets. I will probably use the poly pags (saves time), but I am curious as to how one wraps it the way Yankee does. Does anyone know? Thanks. :)