What would you store in the garage?

asheebeans

We moved to a bigger house, yet my stuff is still taking over the house!! I want to get as much as I can out in the garage. Please bear in mind that anything I do store is going to be in a Rubbermaid tote, not sitting on a shelf in the open. What other ingredients (if any) would you store in a garage? My glassware is already out there and so are some of my utensils. BTW I do candles, B&B and soap too. Thanks in advance! :grin2:

In my garage I keep all my containers. jars, tins, lip balm tubes, B&B bottles/pumps/etc. (all in sealed containers, of course). Bears, pine cones, warmers, lids, all my wax except for the current open case, pretty much everything I don't need on a daily basis.

I'm extremely short on space in the house so the garage is where most stuff goes.

In the summer I keep my unopened STABLE oils there, all my molds and packaging stuff, my colorants and sadly my FOs (in amber glass). And my waxes are out there. I also have a small fridge out there (generating more heat, I know) where I keep my EOs. Actually it's not terribly hot in there cause I air it out every time the weather cools a bit. I bring my more sensitive oils into the laundry room, and my soaps of course, and put my butters in the fridge (no room for food right now).

In the winter, everything cold-loving goes right out there and I get my fridge back. I still cure soaps in the laundry room if I'm in a hurry cause I thinkt he cold slows down the evaporation of excess water.

I don't keep anything in my garage because it is a single car garage and my DH has all his important tools in there.:rolleyes2 I have everything in a spare bedroom and I have things stacked everywhere. I have the large Rubbermaid storage boxes, stacked on top of one another. Then I have the ones that I can slide under the bed to hold my cured soaps. I have pails of oils stacked, EOs and FOs under the dresser. I need a bigger house!!! I dream of the day I can actually have my own workspace.... someday..... someday.... :meditate:

Thanks so much for the responses! Okay, how about SLSA, baking soda, citric acid, salts, and my ultramarines? Those should be okay in the garage, stored in a rubbermaid container, right? Thanks again everyone! I am just about settled in the new house and this will surely help!! :yay:

Thanks so much for the responses! Okay, how about SLSA, baking soda, citric acid, salts, and my ultramarines? Those should be okay in the garage, stored in a rubbermaid container, right? Thanks again everyone! I am just about settled in the new house and this will surely help!! :yay:

I keep all those (SLSa, Citric, Baking Soda, Oxides/ultamarines) in my garage along with all the other things mentioned with no problems. They are all in sealed containers though. I have been doing this for years without any problems.