Question about oxides

CBE

I recently soaped with Maganese Violet oxide. It's a beautiful dark royal purple, my favorite color. Well, it's not purple. Looks like poop brown! I'm really disappointed. I've also tried Peacock's Deep Purple... but it's not the bright, dark purple I'm looking for. #1.... what's up with the oxide? Why didn't it stay the color it was supposed to stay? Do all oxides work like this? #2.... what can I use to get a deep royal purple color in CP soap?

What about ultramarines? Do these stay color true in CP? Which do you guys soap with? What have been your experiences? I'm having such bad luck with coloring. One soap I did... I think I put a little too much brown oxide... because the suds are brown... LOL and I mean DARK BROWN... LOL Maybe I can market it as a "Self-Tanning Soap". LOL

Manganese Violet has been a disappointment for a lot of people. Works great in MP though.

I use the Polar Purple from Soapsilly. I also just got "Muscadine " Celestial colors but haven't soaped it yet.

You can also get a pretty purple from BB's Cellini Blue Mica...it looks turquoise, but turns purple in CP...and I have the 'Light Blue' soap to prove it!

Take that maganese into a B&B product, like a lotion and you'll get a great looking purple.

I used some of this in a CP soap and it went brown on me too, but some of it did start to come back, though you have to look hard to see it lol.

Ahh the cellini blue goes purple? It just disappeared on me lol. I may not have used enough though.