Beeswax with GB415?

I'm sorry, but I can't remember which post I read this in, but someone posted that they add a little of beeswax in with their soy based GB 415 wax and was wondering what the ration was of this? 70/30? Also what temp, do I use to melt the wax to before I add the FO and color? What type do I pour at?

I know the temps to use when just using GB 415, but wasn't sure if it should be differnt if I am adding in the beeswax...

Thanks a bunch :)

Bobbie

www.ShoogieDesignz.com

Designer Websites, Boutiques, & More...

You will have to experiment to decide which % of BW you like in your wax best. It is recommended anywhere from 1-5% but if you go over 5%, you will more than likely have to wick up and experience some cracking in your wax. Most folks tend to stick around 3% and will change the amount dependent upon the season - I use 3% in the summer and 2% in the winter. I just add my BW in with my wax as I melt and pour pretty much as I normally would.

Pretty sure it's only 2 to 3 oz per lb. or 3%. I would add FO and color as always. The diluted bees wax should not change any of that but will make your wax a little shinier and harder.

Sharon, can you clarify this as 2-3oz to a pound is 12.5-18.75%. Not 3%.

Did you mean half an ounce per pound? That would be 3%.

Sharon, can you clarify this as 2-3oz to a pound is 12.5-18.75%. Not 3%.

Did you mean half an ounce per pound? That would be 3%.

Since I have only added bees wax a couple of times I can't remember but go by every one else tells you. Geezee what would the % be if you added 3oz of bees wax to 7oz of soy. I just thought that was a little high but so was 2-3oz per lb. Sorry about that....

I used to use 5% beeswax, because that was the number I read when I first started playing with candles. When I read later that you could use less, I experimented and found that 4% beeswax/96% soy works best for me; 3% beeswax didn't give me quite the results I wanted. I didn't have any cracking with 5% beeswax, but I figured there was no point in using more than I had to.