Hydrovance or Liquid silk in a body butter

firegirl

Can Hydrovance be added to a body butter to help add glide? I was under the impression that Hydrovance is used in conjunction with or in lieu of glycerine. My recipe has no glycerine in it, so I was not sure if this is what I need. Possibly I need to add some liquid silk to help remove the dragginess? I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!

Teri

I make a thick cream using Hydrovance and love it. And I put liquid silk in all my lotions & body butters. No lotions & butters don't have any drag and are quickly absorbed leaving my skin smooth & silky.

Do you mind if I ask how much liquid silk you use in your formulas? I have looked at it but because of the cost I passed. If it is a low percentage (1 or 2%) it wouldn't be so expensive.

Thanks!

I use Hydrovance in most of my lotions/butters and really like it. I like silk, but not all the time. I find that for me it sometimes leaves a powdery feel on my hands. I personally do not like that feel. Hydrovance leaves a nice glide. I also like IPM and Cyclo.

I have found that when my lotion is draggy, it's the stearic acid. I have been trying to phase out my stearic and use ewax and btms or ewax and Cetyl.

Ann M

I've stopped using stearic acid in my formulations. I can't get over the waxy/draggy feeling. I use primarily ewax/btms or a combo with cetearyl or behenyl.

Anyway, I do use Hydrovance and I use it up to 2% in my formulations. From what I understand, use caution when using glycerin because it will make the formula tacky after 10% (I think that's it anyway). HTH