gb 415 wick

what is a good wick to use with GB415? I attached a pic of the jar I am using. I have tried Lx 14--not hot enough even with 2...Also htp 83 and not hot enough either.. The 83 starts off ok, after 4 hours not really a good pelt pool. However, the next day when I burned, they almost drowned out..

Should I go with an htp 93 or htp 104? or something else...

thanks

Those look like the 8 oz Elite Platinum Mason jars from Walmart. If it is, I hate to say this but people ended up using them for wickless candles because they are so squatty. Wicking them is kind of useless, the burn time would be next to nothing.

I have sucessfully burned the 16 oz size but I used the super large hemp wicks for that size. LX wicks didn't cut it (even the 30). Others have tried up to a CD 20 on the 16 oz size but it started puffing black smoke as it got down into the jars.

Maybe you would want to try them as a wickless and see what the interest would be from your clients. It sure would make your life alot easier :grin2:

I have sucessfully burned the 16 oz size but I used the super large hemp wicks for that size. LX wicks didn't cut it (even the 30). Others have tried up to a CD 20 on the 16 oz size but it started puffing black smoke as it got down into the jar.

Did you single or double wick it? :)

I single wicked with my hemp. They burned great. I did end up with a mushroom on certain scents when I was testing at 1 1/2 oz per pound of FO. When I went down to 1 - 1 1/4 oz per pound. The mushrooms diminished quite a bit.

I hate mushrooms but unfortunately it is just the nature of some wicks. I still have a few of these jars that I should experiment with the CD wicks. I have changed jars and haven't played with what I have left on the Platinum jars.