rebatching salt bars...

TeriM

anyone ever done this....

I did a ton of searching and found where someone did - the made the screwed up bars into a powder and then added it to a new recipe... after the salt...

I really hate to throw all this away...

thanks !!

You can rebatch them just like rebatching any other soap. At least, that's how I do it, I don't do anything different. I've never thrown anything away. I couldn't bear to throw my precious soap away. Whatever didn't work out always gets rebatched, either alone or mixed in with another batch.

I think it might be simpler if you rebatched it either by itself or with another already made soap (I save all my scraps for this) instead of trying to do over and adding more salt. In any case, whatever you do, you shouldn't have to throw it away.

I'm with you - I never throw soap stuff out... to much money in that stuff.. !!

That's right! And if the rebatch didn't work out, I don't throw it away either. I just save it and then add it to the pot the next time I'm rebatching something.

I've rebatched salt soap by finely grating it down and adding the gratings to a new, regular CP batch. I didn't add more salt since there was plenty of salt in the gratings. My gratings were colored light pink and so my new soap ended up looking pretty cool. It's even more cool if the cp batch you are adding the gratings to is scented with a different, but complimentary F/O. My gratings were scented with Salty Mariner from AGE, and the regular CP batch I added them to was scented with Jasmine from MMS, It smells really good!

MarieJeanette

I've rebatched salt soap by finely grating it down and adding the gratings to a new, regular CP batch. I didn't add more salt since there was plenty of salt in the gratings. My gratings were colored light pink and so my new soap ended up looking pretty cool. It's even more cool if the cp batch you are adding the gratings to is scented with a different, but complimentary F/O. My gratings were scented with Salty Mariner from AGE, and the regular CP batch I added them to was scented with Jasmine from MMS, It smells really good!

MarieJeanette

so if you do that... are you still calling them a salt bar... ?

hum... I used Sea Salt Breeze from Backwoods.. wonder what I could mix...

so if you do that... are you still calling them a salt bar... ?

Hi TeriM,:)

This is just me and what I do, but if I added enough grated salt bar flakes to my new, regular CP batch in order to equal the same weight in oils that my new CP batch has, then yes, I have no problem calling them a salt bar. On the other hand, if I only add a little bit of my salt bar gratings to a batch in order to give it a confetti-type look, then I don't call them salt bars. HTH!

MarieJeanette

you know what else looks cool? I chunked up some salt bars and added the pieces to clear M&P that I colored a pale aqua. I used INDIVIDUAL molds for these, because if they are done in a log and sliced, they will sweat....A LOT! But it does work well with the individual molds.