Home Party Help Please

jolambert

Hi trying to get this home party thing started my sister wants to help by being a rep. She lives in a different state the I do. I have never attended a candle party and need a little help with shipping. How much do I charge for shipping (handling) per order? per item? thanks for any help!!! jo

I would not charge a handling fee for a candle party or any reason for that matter. You can get packing supplies almost anywhere for free. Boxes, peanuts etc at dollar stores, office supply stores will save them for you. Shipping charges have gone up so much it''s ridiculous.

Box it up, weigh it and ship it.

Yes! I own a retail business and I'm saving everything! (hiding it from dh he cleans) Worded it wrong earlier post! I'm asking what a charge would be to get their orders there? If its part cash and carry and they order what do I do? Shipping is way to high. Do others tack a fee to help? TIA jo

I also keep my boxes and peanuts when I receive a order. WOW do I have plenty of peanuts. Try to re-use the bubble wrap (If Possible). It was my husband's idea. I am always wanting to throw away.Thank goodness it is in the basement.

I have to agree with shipping.I am starting to worry about on-line sales. I don't get alot but fall season is approaching and I am doing some more advertising then. Also starting some new things like framed prints etc.

LynnS

Most of the time with home parties the product is delivered (or shipped in it's entirety) TO the hostess, who then distributes them to her friends. If product is being shipped directly to the customers, then I think it would be expected for them to pay for the shipping. But if you can cut that out, do so.

An easy way to charge for shipping would be a pricing tier.

$1-25 = $5.00 shipping

$26-50 = $7.50

etc....

If you end up choosing to ship to the customers, I wouldn't give your rep much to take for cash and carry. I'd make ALL of if order only. Have her bring stuff for people to try and smell, but not to buy. Otherwise if you have 3 bars of lavender soap, and you have two women both wanting all three, it's not fair for one to get them with no shipping, and the other have to pay for shipping. KWIM?

You will most likely sell more if they can take it home with them that night though, keep that in mind. I hope it goes well for you!!!

Since you are not a nationally recognized product, I would focus more on having cash & carry at the show. People tend to appreciate that more. When I do home shows it is greatly appreciated to have cash & carry as opposed to waiting 2 weeks for a product (plus it takes stress off of you).