Tarts

I made some tarts today using 75/25 4794 and J223. I heated to 185, added fo, and poured around 140. When I popped them out of the molds, they were not shiny, but looked like a powdery film had settled on them. They just didn't look attractive. Does anyone know how I can avoid this? Thank you very much!

I am using 75% 4794 and 25% J223.

I checked with Flicker from BCN earlier today and she said I should be pouring bet. 170 and 180. I know she is very knowledgable but that does seem high to me. Does the 170-180 sound right?

Hey Gina, I don't use that wax, but that's what temp I pour my tarts at - if that is a preblend wax that temp should be fine. I use a blend of 1343/container wax w/a pinch of vybar in it and pour around 175. They come out nice n shiny. :)

Did ya do it yet? :)

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Actually, at the eleventh hour I decided to forego the molds and get clamshells, so I am waiting for those before I trudge ahead. Probably best cos I have a cold I can't shake and I can't smell a darn thing anyway! :sad2: