This may be a silly question

manda

Hi I am about to sell my first ever candles after years of giving them away. I have tested, tested, tested and now im comfortable to sell them. One small thing that I didn't consider was where to put my safety label. obviously the bottom of the candle, I am using safety labels that are stickers, I bought them from Jo at sensory perfection. I make pillars, what I didn't know was do i put it straight onto the candle or do I put it on the packaging. My pillars are wrapped tightly in cello wrap and tied with ribbon and label at the top. I was going more along the line of putting it on the bottom of the candle rather than on the wrapping at the bottom. Is this correct? Advice would be appreciated:-) Thanks Mandy

Hi I am about to sell my first ever candles after years of giving them away. I have tested, tested, tested and now im comfortable to sell them. One small thing that I didn't consider was where to put my safety label. obviously the bottom of the candle, I am using safety labels that are stickers, I bought them from Jo at sensory perfection. I make pillars, what I didn't know was do i put it straight onto the candle or do I put it on the packaging. My pillars are wrapped tightly in cello wrap and tied with ribbon and label at the top. I was going more along the line of putting it on the bottom of the candle rather than on the wrapping at the bottom. Is this correct? Advice would be appreciated:-) Thanks Mandy

:2cents: Mandy, your laws may be different than ours in the States. I would go to your local store, look at their candles, and do it the same way. That should be in accordance with local regulations, I would think. Julie

Thanks coconut, Does anyone from the UK know what the regulations are. To be honest im desperate to get these candles finished and would really like to get it done tonight. Thanks again Mandy

Hi Manda.

Yep definitely put them on the bottom of the candle and not the packaging. If you ever look at pillar candles sold in the Hight St shops you'll notice that the labels are always on the candle itself.

Mind you, it doesn't mean that people will read and take note of them.

Ruby

Thanks Wick and Ruby:-) I thought that was the thing to do. I bought all my packaging,labels, ribbon etc and when it came to finishing the candles I sudden realised that I had thought of everything else but had not thought about where to put the safety Label. I was all set to finish up my candles and eventually get them to my friend when this suddenly dawned on me. I am very grateful for your help and advise. Ill get these candles sold eventually. Thanks again

Mandy