Cancelled echeck

LisaW

I have a wholesale account that I've never had problems with until this last order. Her check bounced and she promised to send a money order at the end of the week. I contacted her the middle of the next week and she said she was so sorry that she had forgotten. Then she said she'd pay me via paypal. I thought cool, I'll have the money for sure. Then she sent an echeck. It should have cleared today. Then she cancelled the echeck! I'm waiting for a response from her, but just wondered if there's anything I can do.TIA,LisaW

If her original check bounce then she may be liable for up tp three times the amount if you report it. Also, dont know about you city but here we have a bad check enforcement department that is run out of the district attorney office and they take action on it.

Be tactful about how you go about it though. YES, you deserve to get your money, but as you said, you've never had problems with her till now. Which I took to mean she's a good repeat account, and one you don't want to lose. Contact HER before trying any official route like reporting her, or any kind of claims company. It's almost a guarantee that you'll lose her as a customer if you do.

Then I'd reconsider, and tell her, that you'll need full funds upfront before sending products down the road as a result of this. But overall, be tactful about it.

FYI, most companies that allow payment after delivery usually have late fees after 30 days. If you don't have policies like this in place, you should get them included asap. Just a good way to CYA. It's unfortunate that they're needed parts of policy and doing business nowadays, but it is.

Now back off to my dungeon. I have my own pile of orders to fill, and my break is over...

We have a store, and this happens occasionally. Here is what we have found. Make sure you get ID. Call your local District Attourney's office and ask what they need for you to turn it over to them. Next, we always give the person the benefit of the doubt and call them (or try to call them). We are nice and insist they come in the next day and clear it up. Don't give them the returned check until you get cash in hand. If they waffle at all or do not return your call or do not come in the next day, run, don't walk to the DA's office. They have a person or a department that handles hot checks. We found that honest people who make honest mistakes are horrified and run to you as fast as possible to clear it up. Everyone else you will never see. We have always gotten our moneyl back. Sometimes it takes a few months. A few of the crooks were arrested. The person you are dealing with should have been honest up front. Lying to you is a bad sign. You don't want this customer even as a COD.