Viewing Websites

What is the normal screen resolution? I see on some people websites you have to scroll over and on some it's not need. I have two websites and on my candle website some people say they have to scroll over. I hate that.:rolleyes2 But on my computers, my website is perfect. Is there anyway I can let my visitors know the best way to view my website without having to scroll over? Thank you for your help.

I have 1280x1024. For me this setting enables me to view things best. But obviously a lot of other resolutions are being used. From my web stats, these are the various resolutions being used, from most common to least common:

1024x768

1280x1024

800x600

1600x1200

1152x864

Hope this helps.

Although many people use finer resolutions, many do not. In all the design stuff I've ever gone through, the general rule seems to be to optimize your site for full viewing in 800x600, that way you are sure that everyone can view with no problems.

Also be sure and check your site with various browsers (Firefox, Opera.......and **cough cough** IE too).