Wish me luck

rofl - it must be a nebraskan thing....mine separated too...4 days after it was made.

I made some yesterday and it was awesome...I have had it in the car today 99 degrees and no melting - just got a little softer....I will keep checking for a week or so to see if there is any separation - but so far....it is a winner!!

So sending good luck and good vibes across the state to you! :yay:

It was totally different than the test run. It turned out awesome. We will see in the morning how it holds up. It did take forever to thicken up, well to me it did, but not as long as some say it should take. Since I am making such a mess, I am off to make a sugar scrub again. The way I am going, I will have everything done my for fall swap tonight.:yay:

rofl - it must be a nebraskan thing....mine separated too...4 days after it was made.

I made some yesterday and it was awesome...I have had it in the car today 99 degrees and no melting - just got a little softer....I will keep checking for a week or so to see if there is any separation - but so far....it is a winner!!

So sending good luck and good vibes across the state to you! :yay:

LOL although i was certain my body cream wasn't going to separate after having it in various temps in the house, I gave my husband a jar of a two month old batch and he has kept it in his car for a week now and it stayed nice and firm just a little warm....LOL..gotta love that summer heat test.

It was totally different than the test run. It turned out awesome. We will see in the morning how it holds up. It did take forever to thicken up, well to me it did, but not as long as some say it should take. Since I am making such a mess, I am off to make a sugar scrub again. The way I am going, I will have everything done my for fall swap tonight.:yay:

Well...how did it do?

Mine is still in the car and nice and firm ---softly firm that is...

I absolutely love the emulsified body butter recipe in the recipe section. I wasn't real confident that mine was going to come out since it was the first recipe I ever tried but it was awesome. I did have one heck of a lotion batch when I wasn't paying attention and didn't fully put my stick blender down in the bottom :laugh2:

I have made a few batches since with tweaks here and there and just love how versatile it is.

Big kudos to you!!! What sugar scrub recipe are you using? I think I have all the ingredients for some scrubs but not sure what recipe to start with lol