waterslide decal paper

Before I print the picture on the paper am I supposed to spray it with the acrylic spray? I printed a picture and it never dried. It says it is for inkjet and I even double checked with the lady from Ebay but it never dried properly, it had wet spots (almost small small bubbles). Am I doing something wrong?

Do not spray it first. Set your printer settings on plain paper. It's laying down too much ink and dark colors take a long time to dry.I always let the paper dry overnight and then 30 minutes btween each coat

HTH

Mari

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! I am needing to use it today and when I printed it the first time it a few days ago it didnt look dry, like I said it had tiny bubbles of ink. I never even thought about my settings. THANK YOU!!!!

I printed it off and it still has beeds of ink. After I leave it overnight do I spray it and then apply it?

Man, I had this problem too, but i cant for the life of me remember what fixed it. It's in the settings though..just check your settings...Sorry....but let it dry after you spray it..you'll need about 2 to 3 coats of spray letting it dry about 30 minutes between each spray. Make sure its dry before you stick it in the water to get ready to apply.

Not trying to hijack, but what spray did you guys use? I think I bought the wrong stuff! I have Krylon Clear Matte which is water resistant. (Oh, and I will be using these for coasters, not candles.....I should mention that!) Thanks in advance!

It was kind of creepy because I figured I would put it in the water just to see what would happen and all the ink just ran right off! Now you see them now you dont...lol....I dont get it, I have the settings on plain paper. I did print the pictures on photo paper and then I scanned and copied it to the transfer paper and it looks like all the ink is dry but it still doesnt look right!

I have an HP inkjet printer. I ended up having to print the photos and then scan them to the waterslide decals so that is wouldnt lay too much ink, it didnt come out with beeds on it, but I just talked to hubby and he said he touched it and it is still wet!! I dont get it, I have set all the settings, there is a setting for transperancy paper should I try that one??? I dont know what to do!!! Thank you so far for all your help

I went to DEcal-Paper.com and got these instructions for use.

• Step #1: Design your decals using any graphic software program. (Use 8 1/2 " x 11" sheet BEL INK JET Decal Paper or cut sheet into half if desired.)
  • Step #2: Set your printer as follows:

• Resolution = Best
    • Paper = Photo Gloss
    • (Print your decal on the glossy side of BEL INK JET Decal Paper.)

[*]Step #3: Spray your printed sheet evenly with Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear High Gloss spray until the sheet has a shine (2-3 coats). Allow 30 to 60 minutes to dry and set. (This product is available at any craft or hardware store such as Loews, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Walmart, etc. Any acrylic clear coat spray will work.)

[*]Step #4: Cut out your image using a standard pair of sharp household scissors.

[*]Step #5: Place decal into a cup of clean water for 45-60 seconds and remove when the thin decal film begins to slip along backing. (Discard backing material after the decal has been removed)

[*]Step #6: Apply decal to clean surface; ceramic, glass, metal, plastic, soap, candles, mylar balloons, model trains, planes, cars, etc.

You can try printing them again using Best and Photo Gloss.

I went to DEcal-Paper.com and got these instructions for use.

• Step #1: Design your decals using any graphic software program. (Use 8 1/2 " x 11" sheet BEL INK JET Decal Paper or cut sheet into half if desired.)
  • Step #2: Set your printer as follows:

• Resolution = Best
    • Paper = Photo Gloss
    • (Print your decal on the glossy side of BEL INK JET Decal Paper.)

[*]Step #3: Spray your printed sheet evenly with Krylon Acrylic Crystal Clear High Gloss spray until the sheet has a shine (2-3 coats). Allow 30 to 60 minutes to dry and set. (This product is available at any craft or hardware store such as Loews, Home Depot, Ace Hardware, Walmart, etc. Any acrylic clear coat spray will work.)

[*]Step #4: Cut out your image using a standard pair of sharp household scissors.

[*]Step #5: Place decal into a cup of clean water for 45-60 seconds and remove when the thin decal film begins to slip along backing. (Discard backing material after the decal has been removed)

[*]Step #6: Apply decal to clean surface; ceramic, glass, metal, plastic, soap, candles, mylar balloons, model trains, planes, cars, etc.

You can try printing them again using Best and Photo Gloss.

Thank you, I will try that. I bought these sheets off of Ebay and she assured me they were for inkjet printers but I cant seem to get them to work...

I bought mine directly from decal-paper.com and have no problem printing on the ink jet paper, using their directions. I have a sneaking idea that your Ebay seller didn't tell you the truth and you have laser printer paper, not ink jet. My HP doesn't leave little beads of ink and they dry pretty fast, even though I leave it over night and spray with a matte finish the next day.

I bought mine directly from decal-paper.com and have no problem printing on the ink jet paper, using their directions. I have a sneaking idea that your Ebay seller didn't tell you the truth and you have laser printer paper, not ink jet. My HP doesn't leave little beads of ink and they dry pretty fast, even though I leave it over night and spray with a matte finish the next day.

I am starting to think the same thing too. So I emailed her and she said it is the right paper....I dont know though, she asked if there is film to be peeled off and there isnt, so I dont know....

• 5 weeks later...