Weeping Lye? Rebatchable?

Angel91805

I've searched, but I haven't been able to pull up a thread with this issue....

On Wednesday I soaped Peak's Ocean, with all the warnings in mind about how fast it moves. It went well, looked great. I had a feeling it might heat up and I didn't want a gel, so I popped it into the fridge. I used FULL WATER with my usual recipe. Nothing new to compete with this FO. Thursday I cut it. Looked fine. Was a titch cool still from the fridge. Last night, however, my soap bars were crying. Like crystal clear tear drops on the soap. Stupid me, touch one w/ my finger and burned the #^#%&@* out of my tongue! They were all weeping. I pitched them in my soaping crockpot, just to get them off the curing rack and away from my family that likes to walk by, pick one up and sniff.

So....can I chunk them up and HP it??

Donna

Would leaking glycerin zap the crap out of the tongue? I've never heard of leakign glycerin. Of course, I've never heard of a bar of soap crying lye either! :laugh2:

I just finished scooping the mess out of the crock pot and slamming it in the mold. I tested for lye zap and got none, so we'll see how it goes when I unmold it. One good thing...the light tourquise color turned into a nice deep aqua. We'll see what it looks like tomorrow!

Donna

Angel, I would PM Cindy M on this board and ask her what is the best way to handle this fragrance. I think she soaps it super cool and doesn't use the SB. Just handstirring until it is completely emusified. I know this is one of her biggest sellers in wholesale and she has been soaping for years.