What type of Wicks?

I have noticed that several of you candlemakers, have stated in different threads, about the type of wicks you use and don't use..I am using GB 415 and use CD wicks..Can there be a different throw using different types of wicks, with the same batch of wax and fo? What are most of you using for wicks in GB 415? Just something I was wondering about..and I know there are alot of more experianced candlemakers than me out there..What say you..:confused:

My preference is CD's for smaller containers.... up to 2 1/2" diameter.

I have used HTP's, zinc, Paper and Cotton.....in my opinion I get the best burn and throw with the CD's. Plus so far the CD's have worked for all the FO's I have tested so there is no need for me to carry different types of wicks.

I also use GB415.

I have to agree with both of you. I too use 415 and have tried every wick and the ones that worked best for me as far as throw is cd's. They are so easy to wick up or down and double wick. I also make favor tins and tested all of the wicks in the tins and every single wick either fizzled out or mushroomed like crazy.

I have used CDs and like them in KY parasoy but for my 415/402 blend I double wick in 3 1/2" jars with either HTPs or LXs. I don't like to single wick in 3 1/2" with HTP due to flamethrower issues, but CD22 is pretty close to cleaning that jar.

geek :grin2: