Good supplier for multiple palm waxes?

Hi everyone,

I love Candle Science's selection of waxes, in particular palm, but they seem to be out of everything I'm interested in. When I emailed them, they said they are expecting shipments from India within the next couple of weeks. But... I'm looking to get some palm wax a little more quickly than that :) .

CS carries a palm wax I've never heard of before (which they are out of), which produces a "tortoise shell" effect on the candle. This really intrigues me and I'd love to order some.... does anyone know another supplier for this?

I make candles on a somewhat small scale, so I don't need 50# of wax right now... so ideally a supplier with no minimum order quantity requirement.

Thank you!

Where are you located? Different effects can be achieved by blending palm wax with soy and other waxes. We got a nice snakeskin pattern similar to CSs tortoiseshell by blending in some C-3 but this was in a pillar candle, not a container. Don't be afraid to experiment a little and play around with the stuff! That's just part of the fun of working with palm wax.:grin2:

Wow - NH, eh? Sorry, can't help ya there, but maybe others know of a supplier of palm wax close to you.

Without dredging through a few years of scribbled notes, try mixing small amounts of NatureWax C-3 in it. I know I did not go over 25%... I think this one was more like 10% and I used lemon essential oil in it (not more than 1 oz pp - may have been less) and a couple of drops of liquid dye. The orange on the top and bottom is another wax mixture entirely (I tend to play around a lot), so ignore it. Sorry for the crappy photo - the candle was actually a light lemon yellow (the photo was enlarged from a much larger group pic...). I think you can see the pattern well enough, despite the color inaccuracy. Have fun! :)

DSC02379.jpg

That's a really neat pic, thanks for sharing :) . What kind of palm wax did you use -- I know candlewic uses the terms "palm 1", "palm 2" and "palm 3" but I don't know whether that's just for them or whether all palm suppliers use those terms to identify the type of wax. But I know there's "feathered" and "crystallized" for pillars.

I am in NH. I mainly use palm wax for pillars and votives, so I would be interested in learning more about how you achieved the snakeskin effect, if you would be willing to share :) .

Try Candle and Supply the carry P/W

we were told by a very good source that almost 99% of all P/W comes from the same Maunf. now it could be true, but it is plam for thought

:highfive:

CS carries a palm wax I've never heard of before (which they are out of), which produces a "tortoise shell" effect on the candle. This really intrigues me and I'd love to order some.... does anyone know another supplier for this?

quote]

check this out, stellas post with the pics. looks similar

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54446

I guess this is the first time I'm in advantage to you Americans: my palm wax suppliers has got about 9 different palm waxes, from the plain one to the ones that makes structures (about 6-7 different structures!):yay:

I guess this is the first time I'm in advantage to you Americans: my palm wax suppliers has got about 9 different palm waxes, from the plain one to the ones that makes structures (about 6-7 different structures!):yay:

:yay:I'm doing the happy dance with you Inez!

Can't wait to see those waxes.

Hugs!

check this out, stellas post with the pics. looks similar

http://www.candletech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54446

Those votives were both poured with IGI 2778.

Most palm wax comes from Malaysia. This site

http://www.lipidchem.com/about_palm.html has a lot of information about palm wax, its production, etc. Here is a link to a table of the palm waxes they carry and their properties

http://www.lipidchem.com/our_products2.html

I found out that glass glow, starburst and feather waxes are IGI waxes. The below info MIGHT help identify the type other vendors carry rather than palm 1, palm 2 etc.

Glass Glow Blend - IGI R2322A

Starburst Blend - IGI R2778A

Feather Blend - IGI R2779A

NG has announced they will be carrying palm wax in addition to the other vendors we know about.

I think we are going to see several suppliers carry palm wax in the next month or two and I can't wait!!

I could not find absolute info on the IGI site about whether the palm waxes they carry are, in fact, 100% palm wax products or whether they are blends containing paraffin or other waxes. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago and asked about the 2778, and the rep said it did not contain paraffin and was 100% palm wax, but not sure about the other two formulas. HTH