new and need help

I have just made my first candle and not sure what is wrong. I use paraffin wax one pour in a 8oz jelly jar. I don't think it is burning even. I have some build up on the sides. Can some tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Kim

I have just made my first candle and not sure what is wrong. I use paraffin wax one pour in a 8oz jelly jar. I don't think it is burning even. I have some build up on the sides. Can some tell me what I did wrong.

Thanks,

Kim

If you could give us more information we could probably help you better. It sounds like the candle is underwicked. How much build up on the sides are we talking? What exact wax did you use, and what exact wick?

I agree..if there is a lot of hang up on the sides the wick size is too small for the container. If it's only a little bit then let it burn down more...sometimes when my candles have a tiny bit of hang up..by the time it's burned longer it's all gone.

In my jars, the center burns for a while, but in subsequent burns, the candle catches up. That's one thing my customers love-they get to use all of the candle.

Let it burn & see what happens after 8 hours. If you still have hangup, increase the size of the wick. Vendors don't always get it right. They usually give you a starting point. It's up to you to do the work & get it perfect.

You won't hit a home run on the first one, I assure you.

Fredron