made my first HP soap!!!

Brat

:yay: I did it! I did Darwin's recipe on the recipe section. Went to wally world and got a crock pot, hand mixer, all the stuff, got Crystal Drain Cleaner at Lowe's, just went shopping. I was a little scared of the lye, but when I added it to the water, nothing happened. It just sank to the bottom and I stirred and the glass got warm, but that was it. I was fully expecting a violent reaction, visible toxic fumes, explosions out of the pyrex cup... nope. Was a little disappointed! Anyway, I'll post pics once I get them out of the molds, but I'm gonna say they're gonna be soooo NOT pretty! I wasn't expecting it to be so... lumpy and gooey and strange. I added a bit of red liquid dye and was just amazed when it turned yellow. Not sure what's gonna happen when I get them out, but we shall see. I think I may have done it right, cause when I filled the crock pot with water afterwards, it got bubbly. I used Peak Strawberries & Cream!

Oh how are these numbers? Got 'em from the soap calc:

Hardness 41

Cleansing 24

Condition 55

Bubbly lath 28

Creamy lath 22

Iodine 56

INS 170

I read somewhere to keep the INS under 165.... how bad is it? Thanks!!!

Congrats! Haven't tried HP yet (no crockpot, for one thing) but the notion of being able to use the soap so quickly sure is appealing . . .

And I very nearly spit my coffee all over my monitor reading your description of how it looks - thenk yew so very much - lol :laugh2: .