Candle Creations

Most of those kits from craft and hobby stores are VERY high priced for what you get and if you like it and ever wanted to buy in bulk you would not be able to do it since most kits no one knows what kind of wax or wick ect are in them. They of course want you to keep buying them over and over so they don't give you exact details. Like ebay you hit and miss on the stuff.

You don't want to waste your time with things you CAN'T REPEAT over and over again. Now candle supply companies like peaks and other want you to try a kit and then they can supply you with the items in bulk if you like them since THEY make up the kits themselves. Hobby stores are just that for a hobby and not for the person that wants to maybe go past that stage. Hobby store kits will let you make candles but you are not a candle maker... they are the candle makers, they picked out your wax, your wick, your scent and everything else, you just get to melt it and pour it in a jar, not as much fun as coming up with your own formulas for wax, wick, colors scent ect. Go with a candle supply company that has the kits, not hobby store stuff that you could never buy in bulk down the road if you wanted to.

Bruce

Don't waste your money on that thing.. buy a Presto Kitchen Kettle.. it will do the same thing.. you can attach a spigot, or buy them on ebay with a spigot already attached if that's important to you.. The Presto costs around 25 bucks, maybe even a little less, and will last longer and hold far more wax than that little thing. JMO

Sure wish I'd found something like that years ago when I was beginning--of course, I probably woulnd't have wanted to pay that much because I didn't realize what I was starting, just thought I'd try making a few candles!! Now I can see what a good idea this would have been.

Didn't discover online resources until a few years into my endeavor--I can't imagine how much smoother things go for people who start out correctly!

Jane