Wickless Candles

ebarnes

If 1oz/pp is working for you in container candles, then there's no real need to go up. Wickless candles actually give a better hot throw because the ENTIRE container of wax melts....not just an inch or so of the top part like with wicked candles. I make them, use them, sell them and give them to friends and family...we LOVE them!

Edited to say that I don't use any more FO in wickless than I do in my wicked candles.

HTH

Ring of Fire, I'm finding that a lot of customers have NO clue what a wickless candle is and tend to shy away from trying one. It might just be my region, though (not sure). But once they try one, they're pretty impressed and come back for more.

Tiz,It was that way for me. Not many knew about them but a few that did would just use their wicked candles.That is when I had to give them A LESSON. Make sure you take the warning label off. One lady told her daughter she didn't take the label off once and the house was almost on fire. So glad I was able to teach them both a lesson. I did wickless for 1 year and after doing some testing and also throwing a away all that wax I decided just do tarts(less wax).That is enough and I have some that do scent the whole house. A french vanilla wickless lasted 3 months till I just threw it away even still smelling pretty good. OF course one person at a show said "WHAT do you do with the old wax".I said throw away. She didn't seem very impressed(maybe environmentalist).Also with our house we have enough trash and don't need more. Lots newspapers, cups paper plates, litter and just about anything. Don't need used wax.Maybe someday but so far no one has asked me "Do you make wickless or are these wickless but do ask if soy". No interest here IMO.LynnS

Ring of Fire, I'm finding that a lot of customers have NO clue what a wickless candle is and tend to shy away from trying one. It might just be my region, though (not sure). But once they try one, they're pretty impressed and come back for more.

I could be wrong, but I don't think ROF is talking about customers knowing what they are but those that post on these boards where they have been discussed quite a bit. It would be up to the seller/maker to educate his/her customer on what they are.

Does anyone sell wickless candles? If so what isa good testing starting point? Right now I use about 1oz PP, I know that I will have to increase this amount with wickless.

I've been sticking to the same % for each FO that I use in candles. If it's 6% I go with that, if it's 4% I do that. Sometimes when I'm pouring candles I'll fill a couple wickless jars while I have that FO going. It seems to me like since you get the whole melt pool going at once that it's almost stronger IMO.