Is There Any Real Difference Between...

Dimethicone is a thick silicone oil. Really thick. Cyclomethicone is a liquid silicone oil.... I think the properties are the same.... I may be wrong... maybe someone else knows a little bit more than me. LOL But the texture of each is totally different.

I think Cyclo is the better for linen sprays...

Dimethicone is VERY thick, great to add to a lotion that you want to get a silkier feel but not extra slip or oiliness.

I use the Dimethicone in my hand/body lotion so that it gives a fast drying, silky feel but doesn't thin it out like cyclo would

HTH

This might be extra helpful:

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/silicone_use.html

Dimethicone helps with slip and glide without greasiness, while cyclo cuts down greasies and gives that dry, silky feeling.

For example, if I had a lotion/deodorant bar that doesn't glide well, I'd use dimethicone to reduce drag.

If I have a whipped butter that feels just a tad too greasy I'd add cyclo or IPM. Cyclo also helps nutrients penetrate, I think.

For a linen/body spray, the usual silicone to use is cyclomethicone. You'll find a lot of fo/eo:cyclo recipes about.