Farmer's Market Made Me Mad/Sad

I love the Farmer's Market and enjoy looking at the all the vendor's offerings. B&B pops up every once in a while but today there were two tables dedicated to B&B. Since I am currently in the process of perfecting my own recipes and getting my business plan together, I decided to take a look at their lotions, etc.

I was taken aback by what I found. Incomplete ingredient labels, missing labels, no preservatives (particularly for lotions that are sitting in the sun). And the thing is that both had fantastic looking presentations and one was an established Farmer's Market vendor.

I was disturbed and a little upset by that. I am working diligently to have the best products but also safe ones. I want my consumer to be well informed. I hope for their sake noone gets sick from their products. At least now I know what not to do!

It's hard to bite your tongue when you see that kind of stuff. That's why I almost *never* buy lotions at markets and fairs.

Once you do start selling, you'll be able to educate your customers about how safe your products are. I used to sell a lotion base, stopped when I wasn't convinced it was the safest thing to do, started developing my own, then started using another base that I don't have to touch - it's already scented. When customers ask me if I make lotion, they get the speech about safety :)

You'll be doing them a service - they'll start looking at other products with a more knowledgeable eye.