Trying to do Photo Embed--Need Help

I'm trying to do a photo embed in a 3X6 pillar using EcoSoya PB (1.8 oz with 2 teasp BW), 6% Fo (White Chocolate from JBN..super yummy), no other additives. My pic is on tracing paper, looks great, followed instructions to the letter, even using oil for mold release, paper soaks up wax well, sets up in the mold great. When I go to get it out of the mold, I always have to stick it in the frig for about 10 mins, and the photo sticks to the side of the mold every time! What am I doing wrong???

Call me clueless and frustrated in Kansas!!! lol HELP:confused: Pretty Please

I have made photo hurricanes. Some will tell you to put a very cold wet washcloth upagainst the mold where the photo is. This can be found on the left click techniques & ideas, click on embedding photos in candles. But after lots of testing, I just gave up and glued the photo on and overdipped it! It worked! In your case with a pillar overdipping would be easier, with a hurrican shell it was hollow so I had to ponder how I could dip it all the way fast enough without drips and drags. I poked a hole in the middle of the bottom of the hurricane, then threaded a pre-tabbed wick up through it, but holding the wick made the candle wobble. So I fulled the hurrican void area full of dry beans to act as weights and make it stable. Then I did a quick dip.

HTH

Amy

You may want to try water slide decals. It works something like a temporary tattoo. I looked into doing it that way but was on a time deadline. Do a search for them to find the cheapest supplier, most sites also have instructions on how to use them too. You may not get the desired glow if you’re using a soy pillar. I don’t think you’d get enough light through with a soy pillar. Paraffin looks really nice since it’s translucent. If you want all natural maybe palm has more transparency. I’ve not worked with palm yet.

HTH

Amy

I do the waterslide, have found out that different decals from different companies behave differently. I also work with palm wax, and the decals look great on them except when you have a photo of people. Just wanted to try the embeds to see how they look, but want to stay with the natural waxes (soy and palm). Thanks for all the help everyone. You are a godsend. Not a day goes by that I don't learn something.