Help I'm at a loss-Puddle after pouring

I'm pouring testers...using 6 oz of wax. Normally I don't have any wax left and it fills to the fill line without any extra wax being at the bottom of the pot. The last 3 testers and then again tonight I have a puddle at the bottom! I've decreased fragrance load, and wisked like I always do at 180 when I pour in the fragrance. This newby is pulling curly hair out and I"m already losing enough of that in the shower!:cry2: Would this be the the oil is not incorporating good enough or keep trying to decrease the load.

Another question is...What's the proper way to store all my fragrances? Do I have to keep each on seperate or can I keep all in one box? Help me keep my motivation tonight...Plleeassse:meditate: Breathe in....count to 10.

...8...9...10. OK, breath. Now just a little more info please. What kind of puddle is in the bottom of the pot? Oil or extra wax? Or is the puddle forming on the bottom of the container? How much oil are you loading into the 6oz of wax? What kind of wax are you using?

It could be as you suspect - too much oil - but the other info will be helpful in helping to figure this one out.

Sorry..my frustration got the best of me...I am using my scale weighing 6 oz to melt to pour into 8 oz. metro. Used .45 oil which equals 1.2 oz per lb. The excess is at the bottom of the pour pot. I'm not sure if it's wax or just fragrance as I'm not using any color and it looks like it could be wax or fragrance. I can't tell the difference or know the magic trick know how I can tell the diff. :embarasse Using Ecosoya Pure CB and don't understand how some pours it's right on the money! Nothing left over in the Pot. Those were all my Creme Brulee scents except for one did have a little left over and used .55 on those so what gives?? Been pouring the extra into my coffee can full of puddles lately:mad: If I had to guess may be 1-2 tablespoon of excess after I fill my metro jar.

Another quick question Munch. Were the Creme Brulee ones the ones where you didn't have any left over, or the ones you did have wax/fo left?

Is Creme Brulee the only scent you've poured? The reason I ask is that an ounce of Creme Brulee (weighed) would have less volume (liquid measure)than say and ounce of Cuc Melon (weighed). Heavier oil like vanillas would have less volume that lighter oils, which would throw the liquid ounces off when you are ready to pour, and this could leave you with left over wax on some candles.

Sandi

It should be obvious if it is oil...the puddle will be liquid. Just set it aside for a few minutes and let it cool.

If it is soild it's just extra wax/oil mix. It suprised me the first timeit happened! Had carefully measured and had extra left :confused: . Then I remembered that the oil is sold based on weight - not volume. I started out with a "heavy" oil with not much volume. The next pours were with a lighter (read less dense) oil...and that's when I got the excess. So if you went from a Brulee to a "light" like an apple you may get a little more volume which would show up in the bottom of the pot...and nothing to owrry about. Plus there is never perfection in anything in life - and that includes jar manufacturing. Sometimes jars from one mold are a little thinner than another. I've had a variation of up to .2 oz on the jars from the same case!

Hope I'm explaining it correctly and it helps.

Yeah, nothing left over on the creme brulee and they were definately heavier oils. The oils I've been testing now seem so watery compaired to Creme Brulee if that makes any sense. They have been fruity. I want perfection Judy ;) Yes, you both were very helpful and made sense. Didn't even think about the less dense oil and letting the oil cool to see if it was just wax. Will have to read more about the less dense oils to understand that better. NOW I can really go to bed and get some sleep....for tonight anway. Thanks all!