Peak candle starter kits

I have never made a candle in my life, but I am interested in learning how to make soy pillar candles. I noticed Peak Candle Supplies has starter kits. The soy one is for container candles. If I get the Pillar starter kit and learn how to make candles with the wax supplied in this kit, would I be able to transfer this knowledge and just get the correct soy wax for pillar candles, wicks and instructions for the degree to pour the wax to then make a soy pillar candle afterwards? I figure I will need to start somewhere so just the knowledge I can learn with regular pillar candles should help when learning about soy pillar candles. Advice anyone?

I have never made a candle in my life, but I am interested in learning how to make soy pillar candles. I noticed Peak Candle Supplies has starter kits. The soy one is for container candles. If I get the Pillar starter kit and learn how to make candles with the wax supplied in this kit, would I be able to transfer this knowledge and just get the correct soy wax for pillar candles, wicks and instructions for the degree to pour the wax to then make a soy pillar candle afterwards? I figure I will need to start somewhere so just the knowledge I can learn with regular pillar candles should help when learning about soy pillar candles. Advice anyone?

Ask them if they will swap out the wax in the pillar starter kit for soy pillar wax.

UM.. just curious. You have over 100 posts on this forum and never made a candle????

Yes R.S., I make CP Soap and Bath and Body products but never ventured into candle making. I was thinking it might be nice to have soy candles that match some of my CP soaps... just a thought! I guess I don't have enough challenges in my life.... ;)

cbv1 ... looks like you've been doing your candle homework ... by the way, nice website, awesome soap.

I have just started my research on this Candlebuddy so I know I have a lot more to go!! Thanks for the compliment on my website, I appreciate the feedback! :grin2:

Ask them if they will swap out the wax in the pillar starter kit for soy pillar wax.

Good idea... I guess I never think to ask if they could do something other than what is posted on the website. I will give that a try and see what they say. All they can say is no, right? :wink2:

Yes R.S., I make CP Soap and Bath and Body products but never ventured into candle making. I was thinking it might be nice to have soy candles that match some of my CP soaps... just a thought! I guess I don't have enough challenges in my life.... ;)

OOPS my bad, I didn't think about soap. :embarasse:embarasse

Anyways, I bought my started kit through them and didn't want the paraffin wax, they at least took it out for me to keep the shipping costs down. I had to pay for the soy that I got in it's place, though.

When I started a while ago in a galaxy far away I started with Peaks Pillar Kit as I love Peaks but for soy,,OOppss sorry got off track,,LOL,,,,,I think Natures Garden has soy Pillar kits for beginners,,:wink2:

Thanks Breanna. I checked them out and they have Soy container kits, not pillar like Peak's. I guess beginners shouldn't try soy pillar candles??? ;)

Thanks Breanna. I checked them out and they have Soy container kits, not pillar like Peak's. I guess beginners shouldn't try soy pillar candles??? ;)

Here is a place that sells Soy wax Pillar kits

http://www.nuscentscandle.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=SOYPKIT&Category_Code=CNDLEKIT

I have ordered from them before and I like their products,,,Hope that helps,,,:wink2: