What makes a soap antipresperant? Or Deoderant?

never heard of an antiperspriant soap but in deoderant its an aluminum (not sure of the comlete name) something kind of chemical. There is an EO thats suppose to help battle sweating but I will have to find the name of it.

From what I understand from my naturopathic doctor, the difference between the two is that anti-perspirants have an aluminum derivative in them to prevent you from sweating, while deoderants do not. Deoderants just have perfumes and/or anti-bacterials in them to either mask and/or kill off odor causing bacteria that thrive in sweat while still allowing you to sweat.

I hope that helps!

MarieJeanette :)

just to clarify, Im reading a deoderant that has 20% Aluminum zirconium tetrachirohydrex GLY as the anti-persperant. I also read that this aluminum additive is believed to lend to breast cancer. No telling how true that is, I just wanted to point out that some deoderants do contain this aluminum chemical.

I'm wondering how good for you an "all over" antipersperant" (sp?) would be? I mean, what it does is block your glands from sweating. :confused:

I know that you need to sweat somewhat to keep your body cooled, and to rid the body of toxins etc.

That being said, I sweat like a guy (how embarrassing, I can't even believe I told you all that! :eek: ), and if there WAS something out there that hindered that somewhat, I might be tempted. LOL

As a matter of fact, I've yet to find a deodorant/antipersperant that works to my satisfaction, I'm always worried that I "smell", een though hubby assures me that I don't. :(