Question about Packaging Body Sprays

Labgal

I have gotten great feedback on my body sprays. I have been packaging in aluminum bottles with black sprayers. But as many people do, I have a problem with the darn things leaking!! Have tried 3 different sources for both the bottles and the sprayers and they still leak. I have even done the plumber's tape around the threads of the bottles, but eventually they start to leak also. I have finally thrown in the towel and decided to change packaging. I don't want to go with the clear 4 ounce bottles because some of my fragrances will cause the spray to be cloudy. Does anyone use the white HDPE White Boston rounds for their body sprays? I am thinking with a clear label, they could look kind of classy. For those that do use them-any problem with leaking??

Thanks for any input.

One thing if you don't want to switch you could see if they bottles you currently use have regular caps, then you could screw those on and package the sprayer along separately and they can switch them out when they get their package. Just a thought. :)

i used to use the aluminum bottles for my sprayers. i got them both from cotton blossom and scent-works. if my memory serves me correctly, i believe it was scent works that had a blue rubber like thingie that come in the neck of the sprayers. that little thing prevent any leakage in my opinion. HTH

you can also try shipping them upright an useing enough packing peanuts or bubble wrap so it doesnt lean over an put on it .. liquid .. this end up.

I love that idea of sending the sprayer an sealing it with a regular lid

I absolutley love the aluminum bottles. I have the aluminum look going on( candles in tins, air fresh, body spray, fabric freshener, lotion are all in aluminum slimline). I have the same problem with leaking. I use Specialty Bottle. I am seriously thinking about changing to PET but everyone loves the bottles. I am gonna email specialty and see what they have to say. I like the idea of plumbers tabe. I might try sealing them with slicon or something like that(this shows how much i do not wanna change,im getting desperate):laugh2:

I'm thankful for this post... I've had some of my customers ask for me to switch to the aluminum bottles (to be more matchy matchy with my line)... If I tell them they are prone to leaking maybe they'll stop requesting the switch! And Specialty Bottle is where I was going to get them!

Packing them tightly wouldn't necessarily fix this leaking problem... who knows how the UPS guys/gals throw packages around or if they store them upright or not!?