Cutting Hang Tags

cbv1

I have been experimenting with making my own hang tags. I have some card stock and used a Microsoft Word Business Card Template. I printed on both sides of the paper so I have the outside info and then inside info for the hang tag. That seems to be the easy part... The hard part is trying to cut these so they look even! I don't have an office type paper cutter, just a little desk type from the office supply store but you can only cut one or 2 pages at a time, and they always come out crooked. I looked online at perforated card stock so I wouldn't have to cut these but I am thinking they wouldn't look very professional with little bumbs around the edges. I have someone printing, cutting and hole punching them for me now and they do a wonderful job. I just thought since I have a new printer now I should be able to print these myself. I think I am hang tag challenged! :embarasse If anyone is doing their own hang tags, do you use a heavy duty paper cutter? Do they come out even? I don't know how the person who does mine makes them look so perfect!

Well, I guess I can't go wrong if I can find a nice paper cutter for $15! I wasn't sure if that is what I should use, or I would just be throwing money away when I should have been trying some other method. I will take the plunge mystical angel! Thanks for the tip! :grin2:

Also those 'perforated' Business Cards aren't like you imagine. The edges aren't bumpy at all, they are very clean cut and once you take them apart you honestly would not notice that they had previously been joined together.

I didn't realize you could get a good paper cutter for only $15! I have been "sneaking" them into work and using that paper cutter. Do you have to order it online, or do they usually have them in the stores. I know with the impulse sealer, I had to order it...

Thanks!

I didn't realize you could get a good paper cutter for only $15! I have been "sneaking" them into work and using that paper cutter. Do you have to order it online, or do they usually have them in the stores. I know with the impulse sealer, I had to order it...

Thanks!

Jane, I believe it was 11.99 plus tax. :grin2:

I got mine at a Harbor Freight store in Amherst.

This is not a cheapo plastic one either, it is made of metal.

Jane, I believe it was 11.99 plus tax. :grin2:

I got mine at a Harbor Freight store in Amherst.

This is not a cheapo plastic one either, it is made of metal.

Well, since that is one of my son and husbands favorite place to shop, I will ask them if they could pick one up...I am sure they would love the excuse to head over there! :rolleyes2

I just ran out to Harbor Freight which is about 20 minutes from my house. I didn't even know there was one out here in Colorado. Hotter then hell out here today! *faint* I found one for $12.99 plus tax and it is metal. Works great. Now I need to work on perfecting my hang tags!