Shiny Candles

What kind of wax are you using? Different waxes have different "shine" properties. The type of mold used makes a difference also. Polycarbonate plastics, china, & glass make the shiniest castings. Some waxes will buff to a hard shine; others will never shine - just depends. Some folks buy spray-on stuff to enhance the shine of their candles. HTH

I'm using Yaley's Premium wax (which is a change from Superior) with UV, Stearix and Vybar, but I'm testing black candles (AGAIN), and I poured some votives and put them in the fridge and they're shinier than I've ever seen. Those are the Octagonal votives (not sure what they're made of, but it's different than the round votives.) When I pour my actual candles, they'll be in a round 2 x 6.5" metal mold (is that tin? They're magnetic, and I thought tin wasn't magnetic.)

Wow. Could that be more convoluted? At least there are a couple of periods and commas in it.

Thanks!

Kelly

Okay, well I use magnets to hold the wicks on my pillars, so those are magnetic. So they're tin I guess. Thing is, I never expected any more shine than usual in my candles, so was happily shocked at the high gloss this time, and wanted to make sure of what it was that did it.