LX's in Pillar?

It was recommended to me to use an LX wick in the 3" pillar I made. I tested the LX in a 3" container just to see what the character of the wick would be. It's MP was off center because the wick curls. It doesn't curl as much as a CD wick...but It definately curls enough to throw the MP off center. So, why is LX recommended for pillars? Is there a better wick choice?? What do YOU use for 3" pillars?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

TIA

I use CDNs in both our containers and pillars. They also have a slight curl to them as they are self-trimming. If the candle is burning a little off center, you can either turn it, or gently push the base of the wick in the direction it is burning least to straighten out the melt pool. I wick our containers a teensy bit off center to compensate, but not much! Our pillars are made using wick pins, so they are centered already, but I have not had that much problem with the curl causing them to burn THAT unevenly. We ALWAYS turn our candles while they are burning for this very reason. HTH

I've used the LX wicks and I have noticed just a bit of a curl but nothing like the CD's I tested.

I certainly don't mean to insult you by asking what I am about to. I didn't know this when I first started making candles and I actually made this mistake. Are you using a spool wick or the pre-tab wicks like we use in our container candles? Someone had suggested a wick for my pillar and just assumed it was the pre-tab wicks. Never gave it any thought, if I would have I would have noticed that Pillars you buy in the store aren't made with pre-tab wicks. So I made several candles and my wicks kept buning off center because I never could get the tab flat enough against the base of the pillar. A very nice person informed me of what I was doing wrong. Boy the mistakes I have made.:rolleyes2