Snow flake and Swirl Candles

I make gel candles now am venturing in paraffin wax. I would like to know how to make the snow flake candles. There are just regular candles that look like snow flakes are in them. I would also like to make multi colored candles . Any suggestion, thank you

The snowflake candles are called "mottles". They are simple to make in that you use plain paraffin without additives like vybar. 1343 is a good choice for them. You do have to use less FO though because it wont absorb as much without the additives.

The links on the left have some great basic info...

http://www.candletech.com/techniquesideas.htm

you can also purchase snow flake oil (mottling oil) at an art/craft supply store. Directions are on the bottle!! good luck!

It's not necessary, or even advisable unless you're making an unscented candle. Fragrance oil will make it mottle too. Not to mention, plain paraffin will only absorb so much oil, then it's going to seep out. If you're adding FO AND mottling (or plain old mineral oil) it's going to be messy.