What can be used in place of Squalene?

Jami

I have a couple recipes I want to try but they call for .8 oz of squalene.

I don't have any. What can I use in place of it?

I am having a BLAST trying lotion and body butter recipes. My skin is as soft as a babies butt :laugh2:

Yeah I knew about olive oil. I was just concerned about olive oil being too greasy. One recipe is for a satin mango moisturizer that is used on the face.

I bombed that recipe today because its too hard. Works great on the feet though lol

75% mango butter

10% Jojoba

10% FCO

5% squalene

I did this today and used 4% extra virgin olive oil instead of squalene and 1% vitamin e. I whipped and whipped this following the instructions. It says it is supposed to be like a light silky cream but I have a harder butter lol

It feels pretty greasy too. Once it absorbs the skin feels great though. I just can't imagine using this on my face like they are.

At least it worked great on my feet :grin2:

75% mango butter

10% Jojoba

10% FCO

5% squalene

I did this today and used 4% extra virgin olive oil instead of squalene and 1% vitamin e. I whipped and whipped this following the instructions. It says it is supposed to be like a light silky cream but I have a harder butter lol

It feels pretty greasy too. Once it absorbs the skin feels great though. I just can't imagine using this on my face like they are.

At least it worked great on my feet :grin2:

Umm.. That's all oils, it's going to be oily! :grin2: