tests/soy/foamy looking

I have seen that with some of my soy container candles also... so I took the time one day to watch and see what was going on after I got a decent melt pool going. I believe that if you happen to stand there and watch really close (not too close though... if you have eyebrows and bangs and want to keep them:laugh2: ) You'll find that it's tiny little air bubbles that comes out of the wax as it's melting. At least that's what I saw in my candles.

Kimberly

Some soy waxes with some fragrances and some colorants and some wicks tend to froth more than others. Experiment a little to figure out which of your components is causing you the most problem. Try an unscented, uncolored candle first and dial in the wick. Then add FO and see what happens; then if all goes well, add colorant and see what happens, etc. HTH

Well let me just ask this.... is foamy or frothy a big deal as long as it doesn't have rabies????:laugh2: *smacking forehead* there has been way too much coffee this morning!

Seriously though, as long as the candle has a good hot throw and will burn to the bottom is the froth a big deal???

Kimberly

If it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me! I tell folks if they are buying a *rabid* one so they don't freak out. Unfortubnately, I have noticed that when the frothing happens, there is more frosting and lumpiness oftentimes, so I usually try to get it down to a dull roar.