Hey Donita....

That looks great. Looks like you heated the wax and then stamped. I just got a set of new stamps that I got on ebay and am waiting to try them. I have too much to do right now so I can't play with wax. Darn. Donita

That looks great. Looks like you heated the wax and then stamped. I just got a set of new stamps that I got on ebay and am waiting to try them. I have too much to do right now so I can't play with wax. Darn. Donita

Hey DOnita...Poor busy lady...No time to play.

With this candle I put the stamp in the mold and made it stick with a magnet. It was a rather detailed stamp so maybe thats why it looks wonky.

Cant wait to see what ucome up with. Such brilliance!

Cara

Cara....I looked closer and now I see what you did. The candle surface is so shiny that I thought you heated it. I made mine rustic as I don't want to melt the glue that is attaching the magnet. I will experiment with temperatures to see just how high I can go..I am using contact cement. I bought some Barge the other day and will try that. The glue has to be a flexible one. What did you use and how hot did you pour? I am going to buy some Kai scissors to cut the rubber so there isn't an edge showing. I cut one with some manicure scissors but then stopped. I don't want to ruin a new stamp. I read one persons blog about using the Kai scissors. She said they cut through rubber like butter. She has small ones for detail and large ones for just sheets of rubber. She has been a stamper and candle maker for years. I don't think she was using them for making an impression.......she stamps paper that is glued on little "old fashion" cocktail glasses and fills them for votives. I would bet she does some very pretty work. She seems to be a stamping expert. She said she needed a way to stamp on rounded surfaces, that is why she uses un mounted stamps and cuts the excess away. What kind of magnet material did you use? I tried a product that is used for business cards and it isn't strong enough for a large stamp. Then I got a piece of magnet material from the doctor's office. It is (was) and extra large business card to go on the refrigerator and it is stronger. Then I ordered some heavy sheets that you use for car signs. Very strong.....and easy to cut. I found that ceramic magnets are great for the outside.....very strong....scary strong....if they get next to each other with the wrong polarity....it pushes the other one right off of the table and it goes flying.....Maybe tomorrow I can do my bear....I have a cool moose stamp too. That will take very careful cutting. Donita

. What did you use and how hot did you pour? What kind of magnet material did you use?

Hey donita

As for the wax it was 4625, just some leftovers in the pot. I poured around 178 degrees. I was really worried about melting the glue off too but it really seemed to hold great. I used some rubber cement stuff that my husband broght home. He says the plumbers he works with use it for pvc pipes? I ended up using a magnet that was on the fridge. A heavyish duty calender sheet that was there, from last year, so I just cut off a hunk and glued it to the stamp. I really hadnt planned on doing this, just was a spur of the moment thing so maybe next time, if there is a next time, I will try to pour cooler as well and maybe use a different wax. I dont have any palm wax around but maybe trying the 4625 at a cooler temp or some mottle wax. I have a really neat bee stamp that I dont use for anything, maybe attempt some beeswax? Cant wait to see your creations!

Cara

• 3 weeks later...