FO problem

I just got this new scent...it's from a well known company...and it said it was one of the top 10 scents. well it does smell awesome. But when I put the fragrance oil in the wax, alot of it seems it was not mixing in. it layed at the bottom of my melting pot. I usually use a styrophome cup to help me pour into my votives and tealights, it totally ate it!! Then when I went to go test out the candles there was hardly any scent, when actually the bottle was very strong. why did this FO lay on the bottom like that? I didn't add it into my candles, was I suppose to. I'm real sure I shouldn't! I've been making candles for a few years now and that was terrible, I have never seen that much FO sitting at the bottom like that. I added 1oz per lb

... I didn't add it into my candles, was I suppose to. I'm real sure I shouldn't! I've been making candles for a few years now and that was terrible, I have never seen that much FO sitting at the bottom like that. I added 1oz per lb

That statement has me really confused :confused:. Are you saying that you don't add your FO to your hot melted wax (and then blend well) prior to pouring into containers?? You pour your wax in then pour your FO in, and call it good? Please clarify, it might help get better responses.

As for the styrofoam cups, FO will eat through them very easily if let so sit. Some oils will do it almost instantly, some will take longer, but it'll happen.

I did pour it into the hot wax, then tried to mix it through I waited and nothing happened... r u saying I should of heated it at a higher temp. I pour my votives at 170-175. Should I have heated to 180 or higher? Then it would of mixed through? I'll try that tonight! I've haven't seen a heavy FO before all my other scents mix real well into the wax.

No amount of heating or stirring is going to incorporate FO into wax that is already saturated. If it is simply a heavier oil, try cutting back on your FO % and then stir a bit longer. If you've still got an oil slick on the bottom of your pouring pot, cut it back some more. Keep going until you find the right % of that FO for your wax.

If you think of wax like a sponge--it will only hold so much oil before it starts to leak. The trick is to find the % of FO that your wax will hold. Not all FO's % will be the same.

HTH.

I just re did the candles tonight and they turned out AWESOME!!!! They smell so good!!! The problem WAS that my wax was not hot enough. I heated it to 180-185 and it mixed right in!!! Thanks so much for the help. I can't wait to test them they smell so good!!! It's Buttercream Frosting...yummmmm!!