I think I made a big mistake.

Kelly

I placed a big order (so I could get free shipping) through SOS. I ordered Manufactures grade, SOS concentrate and I think I should have gotten ultra. I still haven't gotten my package (took them 2 days to ship) so I don't know if I should be disappointed or not, but I have been reading a bunch of old posts here about SOS and it seems like a lot of you all get the ultra concentrate.

Crap, crap, crap. Not to mention tney told me I could use the manufacturer's grade in B&B products and I'm still somewhat uneasy about that, because then why do they even sell the cosmetic grade?

I hope I didn't just throw away a bunch of money. Anyone out there use SOS concentrate and happy with it?

Sigh,

Kelly

I'm sorry I don't know much about them. But I think the primary difference is in the fragrance oil concentration, not in quality so much. But that's just my vague memory.

ETA: if it didn't ship yet just call them and change the order.

Oh it's really that simple? Ok I do feel a little better then. :)

Although I'm nervous using more will irritate the skin in certain applications but then I guess I just don't carry that fragrance!

But now if I get my package and I can't smell any of the oils I'm blaming you CareBear! :)

I use a lot of oils from SOS.. sorry.. I have to say that there is a big difference in strength.. however.. it does depend on what you ordered and what you will be using them for. I have read that if they are for B&B, many people have been happy with the SOS concentrate. If you are using them for candle.. for obvious reasons you can't just use more oil.. Good Luck.. I have been very happy with the oils that I purchase from them..

Teri

I will be using them for both candles and B&B. So hopefully the ones that don't work in candles will do well for me in B&B stuff. And I could use more (technically) in my candles because currently I am not using maximum load.... don't need to in most cases.

Thanks for your response... still feeling a little better but I wish I would have upgraded to ultra.

I got over 50 one ounce samples... I don't think I'm going to worry about it at this point. Just hope for the best. Upgrading to "ultra" would probably increase my total price by at least $50 and I'm not willing to do that. And I don't want to wait longer than I already have for my stuff! :) Took them two days to process the order and finally shipped it today. Probably won't reach me until Tuesday or Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be pleased... if not I can always try Royal Aromatics for my dupes or test out the ultra if I like the quality.

I mean seriously if the SOS concentration is really that weak I don't know why they wouldn't just get rid of it, so hopefully those who didn't like it just got a poorly mixed batch or something.

I use a few of their oils for cp soap and have always ordered ultra concentrate, but last time I ordered one in SOS as the ultra concentrate had too low flashpoint to ship via USPS - and I was very surprised, because the SOS version was even stronger/better than the ultra I had used before..

So go figure:confused: ..

What I want to say is that the ultra concentrate is not always better, especially for B&B

Best,

Eva

Maybe it all depends on who is mixing/pouring the different concentrations that day. When I spoke with someone at the company about it, I got the impression they do their own diluting at the warehouse. Maybe some make the concentrations a little lighter than others?

I guess I'll find out on Tuesday how big of a mistake it was... that's when my order is supposed to arrive.

Well, I will say this.. I ordered some extreme concentrate thinking that I would save money by using less... I was not pleased with the smell of the EC, so I have just had the BEST luck with the Ultra Concentrate.. I do hope you are pleased with what you got. I have found that the perfume dupes seeem to be much stronger that just the normal candle fragrances.

Teri

They are scheduled to arrive on tuesday so I'll try to post then but it may take awhile since my UPS guy comes in the afternoon and I will have a lot of oils to evaluate. :) I sure hope it arrives on time!

I usually order the Ultra Concentrate when I order from SOS. I've tried the SOS concentrate before, and I find it's way too light. I find I have to use more of that oil in a product. (B&B)

I only stick with Manufactuer's Grade... Ultra Concentrate...

I've used SOS many times. Don't set yourself up for disappointment just yet. Some of the SOS grade FO's do well in candles..but it's hit or miss. If it doesn't do well in a candle, they usually do well in tarts and in linen/room sprays. If your going to do tarts, I'd use 1 oz to 8-10 oz of wax, this way you'll get nice strong tarts. If you make B&B, you can probably use the SOS grade in that and have good results. But in the future, if you're looking for FO's for candles, I would definitely get the Ultra Concentrate next time. Good luck!