? About Foaming Hand Sanitizer

Candle Man

I make sell & use gel hand sanitizer (using the base). I bought a foaming hand sanitizer (and like it better) and would like to be able to make it. http://www.waterjourney.com/

Here are the ingredents...

Active ingredient: benzalkonium chloride 0.13% (antibacterial agent). Inactive ingredents: extracts of aloe, chamomile and lavender, preservative (DMDM hydantoin), purified water.

This is a patented formula but could anyone help me on how to make this?

I know I could change the inactive ingredents or the %'s of them, to come up with my own formula.

TIA - Candle Man

I don't even think that's a legitimate ingredient list. Where's the foam coming from? I doubt the b chloride foams. and the extracts sure won't, and the water won't.

They've left out all the important stuff, which for something that's classed as a drug, is a bad thing.

I don't believe anything can truly foam without the bubbling agent. So there needs to be some type of surfactant in there.

I pulled up one recipe that actually did soap with alcohol to make a hand sanitizer. Tie that with some aloe & oils of tea tree & lavender...there you go.

You'll still need a high content of water to make it fluid enough for the foamer bottle though. Then a preservative.