WOW!!! Check out these buring wicks

I agree with Stella, my candles or anyone else candles would like that if the wicks weren't trimmed. Many times the photographer is not the actual person that makes the candles. Especially with big companies, they have pros. to do the photography. However, I am sure they had to give a final ok for those photos. In that case they should have insisted on photos after their candles had a full melt pool with trimmed wicks.

Nothing wrong with being proud of our work but I think sometimes we can be a bit too critical of the competion. Yes, many of the major candle companies do have candles that are of poor quality but many are really a good product. I've purchased poorly made candles from the big guys and I've gotten some terrible ones that were not centered, tunneled, sink holes...that were handcrafted. It was certainly a poor choice of photo on the manufacture part.

True, Most large candle companies have professional photographers but they are usually in house. eg. Yankme and Illuminations ( I know the Illuminations one)