New Project where should i start??

At the moment i make pillars and although i said i never would id like to try making some candles in jars somthink like the apothecary jar maybe.

Ive searched but cant find anything do any of you know of any good links that i keep missing coz i feel so blind at the mo! Doh

I have loads of questions and sure you guys must have talked about it before but just incase you dont maybe you could help me answer these questions??

Can i use parrafin wax in these jars or do i have to change wax?

Where can i get these jars in england?

Do you test the wicks ect the same way you test pillar candles?

Is there a certain way of telling that a jar will stand up to the heat?

Any other advise would be great!!

Thanks guys for any help!!:wink2:

Basic instructions for making container candles can be found by clicking on the button, "Basic Instructions "of candletech page.

http://www.candletech.com/containercandles/

If there is a simple way to tell whether a jar will stand up to the heat, I don't know about it, but here's a good article "Safe Containers". It can be found by clicking the "General Information" button on left column of the page.

http://www.candletech.com/safecontainers.htm

You can use your pillar wax to make container candles, but it will shrink and pull away from the wall of the container, and will ratlle around like dice on a Las Vegas crap table.

You will need some type of wax formulated for containers. It can be paraffin, soy, or some blend of both. There are dozens from which to choose, and the virtues and pitfalls of each are well documented in this forum. Check out the archives.

Good luck,

Fredron