pillar wax

i am just getting started on making pillars. I have been making and selling votives, tealights,and a few jar sizes and tarts for the last 4 or 5 years. I have recently came across a lady who would like me to make pillars for her. And my candle supplier is closing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to start with 4625. And our next closest supplier does not have it. What other pillar wax could I use. I really don't want to add any additives. i've heard of 1343 and 1274 I think that one is mottled though. I don't want mottled. I don't think I'm going to like either of them. what else could i start using?

i am just getting started on making pillars. I have been making and selling votives, tealights,and a few jar sizes and tarts for the last 4 or 5 years. I have recently came across a lady who would like me to make pillars for her. And my candle supplier is closing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to start with 4625. And our next closest supplier does not have it. What other pillar wax could I use. I really don't want to add any additives. i've heard of 1343 and 1274 I think that one is mottled though. I don't want mottled. I don't think I'm going to like either of them. what else could i start using?

Try IGI 1343N that one will not mottle and it is a general purpose 139mp pillar wax, if you are on the WEST Coast there is a IGI Dist there in CAL and WA.

1343A and 1274 will mottle

Why don't you let us know what your nearest suppliers carry and we can help you make a selection.

Personally I wouldn't go looking for 1343N. You're best off using additives to make smooth-colored fragranced pillars. Regular 1343A and 1274A will make unmottled pillars when used with additives, say 1 tsp Vybar 103 per lb.

The 4625 you were going to use has the additives already in it. You might like to pick a comparable pre-blended pillar wax so all you have to do is add scent and color.

If you go with a straight paraffin like 1343N or A, or any other straight paraffin, you will have to add additives. If you're looking for a wax that you will not have to add anything at all to, then you want to go with a pre-blend...such as OK6228. There are other pre-blended waxes for pillars out there, however, the one that I happen to use is OK6228, which I use to make votives and blend with container wax for tarts. I don't use it for pillars because I prefer to make rustics and mottles, but it does make very nice, shiney, solid pillars, however, it shrinks a lot and will require multiple pours.

This is the new supplier i am going to have to use, and these are all the waxes she carries http://www.candlesandbeeswax.com/paraffin.html

I'm not even sure where the next closest supplier is if she doesn't have what I want. I live in Edmonton Alberta, Canada. I know that Ontario carries it but it is too far away. I'm not sure about the other provinces. I didn't want to buy from the US because the customs is very high. So any advice on the best pillar wax would be great!! Thanks

If you don't want to use additives you may be out of luck. They don't have any pillar pre-blends. I think your best bet with this supplier would be the IGI 1242 plus have some Vybar 103 on hand if you need it. You could try it with a modest amount of FO and no additive, but I'd be prepared to use the Vybar. Otherwise you may have to order from further away.