Premier 700 Wicks available at 100 minumum

Was happy to hear this and know a few others had wanted to try these but were held back because of Wick-It's 1000 minimum wick requirement. So I emailed them and got this response. Woo Hoo! :yay:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Dear Vicki

We have a distributor that carries both our Zinc wicks and the PREMIER 700.

Go to or call Aztec Enterprises www.candlesupplies.com

Or call them @ 1.800.369.5357.

PLEASE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS THAT THEY CAN ORDER AS LITTLE AS 100 PIECES FROM THEM.

Best Regards,

"Your Friends in the Candle Industry"

WICK IT

Joe Blythe

On the web at: WWW.WICKIT.NET

Toll Free Tel: 866-3WICKIT (866-394-2548)

Toll Free Fax: 866-4WICKIT (866-494-2548)

Tel: 973-249-2970

Fax: 973-249-7490

I noticed on the Aztec site that they don't recommend them for soy waxes, but this is the information from the manufacturer:

Premier 700 Series Wicks

Premier 700 series

Cotton braided wicks for all candle types

Our newly developed Premier 700 Series of candle wicks offer many of the ideal burn characteristics that you are looking for in a proper burning candle.

• The premier series ability to bend while burning contributes to a cleaner burning candle
  • The premier Series have been found to work very well in Natural and Soy candles
  • The premier series are coated with our High Melt Point Wick Wax for added stability in poured candles

I'm testing a 3" diameter straight sided jar right now with .8 ozs of Essential Oils only and using their largest to begin. Will post results if that's helpful for jelly jar users. Their largest is WI-798. It's unfortunate that Aztec only carries certain sizes because no doubt I'll be needing one that they don't carry! :undecided

I'm testing double wicked apothecaries right now and it'll be somewhere around WI-770. Hadn't seen the response as to whether or you have to wick up when adding 3% BW or 1 Tbs of Universal Additive. Anyone know??

Usually you only have to wick up if you use more than 5% of BW. I've always used 3% and never had to wick up as a result of using that amount of BW. I've never used the universal additive so I can't say what effect that would have on the wicking.