Eco wick question

I am testing my first Eco wick candle. I made an 8 oz JJ type jar, 70/30 blend and an eco 8 wick.

Do eco wicks put out a big flame? It's dancin some but seems to be heading towards a perfect melt pool.

I am just a little concerned with the dancing and little puffs of smoke I see every so often.

Thanks!

This one is Love Spell. I used 1.25 oz pp on it. I did move the candle just in case it was getting a draft and it obviously was. The dancing has stopped BUT I just measured the flame and its a one inch high flame. Not sure I like this very much lol

I can't wick down because I am not quite to a 1/4 inch melt pool after 1.5 hours. In another hour, I should have the right melt pool.

*sigh* why do I torture myself like this? lol

Jami- I have been testing in 8 oz metro/status jar with 2.5 diameter. ECO10 wouldn't quite make it to create a full burn pool and had to wick up to ECO12. I noticed the ECO wicks do smoke a little in the first test burn and produce larger flame. I am using pure soy. When I did a second test burn on the same candle had good size flame but not as big with two little antennas, not mushrooms, on the side of the wick (had those on first burn too)- reminded me of the little green martian's helmet in flintstones - The great gazoo. But the flame was consistent. So far for me my favorite wick are CSN wicks, then ECO series and then HTP for pure soy. They are giving me full burn pools.

I think that your experience with the ECO is pretty normal. I get larger flames, too, but I actually like that. Tt's not overly large to me, and I like seeing some flame! To me it's much better than worrying about it peetering out. I have had luck with CD's as well -- the other kinds of wicks either smoke or drow out, almost without fail. :rolleyes2 (I use a 75/25 blend of GB415 and IGI4630)

I am testing my first Eco wick candle. I made an 8 oz JJ type jar, 70/30 blend and an eco 8 wick.

Do eco wicks put out a big flame? It's dancin some but seems to be heading towards a perfect melt pool.

I am just a little concerned with the dancing and little puffs of smoke I see every so often.

Thanks!

Which 70/30 wax are you using? If it's GLs 70/30 soy/par blend then the Eco 8 is too big. Sometimes when you have overwicked, the wick will not get a FMP because the wick will consume the wax too fast for a FMP to form. When I tested the 8oz jj, I used Eco 4 and LX21s. When the larger wicks burns further down in the jar, it might get too hot.

I mix my own blend. I had GB 444 which is a PAIN to wick, I normally have to wick up a couple sizes with this by itself. The frosting was killing me so I started putting 30% IGI 4627.

The candle itself burned great as far as melt pool etc. I am just uncomfortable with a 1 inch flame in a jelly jar.