Expensive...or not?

Is it more expensive buying off different sites? Because you have to pay loads of different P&P.

Not necessarily, most times the prices are comparable. Some things are much cheaper even with shipping. That's where the shopping around and price comparisons come in to play.

postage varies from seller to seller (although it shouldnt, but it does) and that can depend on many things ie nattycat on here has a flat rate postage up to a certain amount of kilos, jo from sensory perfection, offers discount on postage for multiple items bought, it comes down to what set up the business has with the post office, some sellers of ebay for instance will charge more than others,

its a case of doing some reasearch and comparing prices not only on the items you want but also the postage charges, what you may pay more for on one site, will possibly be higher on another site, but there postage may be higher, you will have to shop around and compare!

Ie craftwise in leeds offers a discount of 10% for orders over £100

but also has discount (cant remember off top of head) think its no postage on orders over £15, but a small order charge on orders under that (some one else will let you know if im wrong or correct)

hope that helps

What is Nattycat's website?

Hi Lemon. I don't have a supplies website. I am a candle maker but buy in a lot of supplies, so offer them to other candlemakers in the UK.

If you let me know what you want, I can see what I can do - but to be honest I would feel a little uncomfortable selling these items to you without having spoken to your mum first so she could listen to safety advice. Wax can cause serious injuries, and fragrance oil can damage your kitchen surfaces and plastics as well as the issues you could have with a candle you have made being unsafe. I would feel terrible if you injured yourself with supplies I had sold you.

Natasha

Hi,

YAH! ma mum sed "yes"! Nattycat, can u post a list of Parrafin wax prices + P&P. Start at 1kg plz.

Thanks in Advance,

Lemonjelly

Paraffin is £2 a kilo. Postage on 1 kilo is about £4. as soon as you hit 2kgs, the postage cost is £6 for any amount of wax from 2kgs to 25gs.

Nat

Hi Lemon. I don't have a supplies website. I am a candle maker but buy in a lot of supplies, so offer them to other candlemakers in the UK.

If you let me know what you want, I can see what I can do - but to be honest I would feel a little uncomfortable selling these items to you without having spoken to your mum first so she could listen to safety advice. Wax can cause serious injuries, and fragrance oil can damage your kitchen surfaces and plastics as well as the issues you could have with a candle you have made being unsafe. I would feel terrible if you injured yourself with supplies I had sold you.

Natasha

Very well put.

Lemon - good luck with this venture!!!! However I would encourage you to have your parents fully understand what you are getting into. Maybe you can have them consult with Natty to get some background on making candles.