Reed Diffuser Labeling?

thesoapbox

Hi everyone :)

Well, the more I look and read, the more I want to do with my business lol! I will either need to win the lottery or get a 2nd and 3rd job to cover the cost of what I want to do LOL!

My question today is on the reed diffusers. I am thinking of adding these and was wondering if you need to put the ingredients on your label for these? I know to put the warnings on there about the oils being harmful to furniture and what not, but was wondering if this item required an ingredient listing as well.

Thanks in advance for yalls help!

Angi

We don't label our either. We just put an idiot proof label saying they are not to be lit. (you never know). I would say this would be a definite for your line. We put them in and they are one of our best seller. We get our kits from allwhitecandles.com. They are very easy and not time consuming and the packaging comes with them. They are the least expensive that we have found. Good luck. Karen

I never thought about labeling not to light! Thanks for mentioning that. I would never think to light it but we know it takes all kinds to make the world go round and I would be the one to find that one person that wants to light the reeds :D . Thank you for the link as well, I'm going to take a look at it!

Angi

We don't label our either. We just put an idiot proof label saying they are not to be lit. (you never know). I would say this would be a definite for your line. We put them in and they are one of our best seller. We get our kits from allwhitecandles.com. They are very easy and not time consuming and the packaging comes with them. They are the least expensive that we have found. Good luck. Karen

Karen, how do you like allwhitecandles.com diffuser fragrance oils? The fact that they combine the additive to the fragrance oil seems like a big plus.

Hi cvb1, I have never used their bases with the fragrance added. We buy our base from the chemistry store and fill our empty bottles not quite half full, then as our customers want with fill them with one of our 30 scents that they want. That is what has worked best for us. Some of our scents aren't as strong in the diffusers as others, so we just lead them in the right direction. They have sold well for us. We can hardly keep them in stock. Unfortunately allwhitecandles has them on backorder until mid july. Sorry I couldn't help you more with the base.

Thanks for the info Karen! I see from your profile that you have a small soy candle business. I have relatives back east who love soy candles, the pillar kind, but they say they have a hard time finding them. If you PM me and let me know if you make pillar soy candles I can send them your way.