My soapmaking circus (funny)

atropa

Oh my god, what a travesty! I thought I'd try making 10 lbs, splitting it betwenn 2 4lb molds and 1 2lb mold. My first mistake: I put enough lye in for 8 lbs of soap. Just ater I started stirring I realied it and quickly mixed the remaining lye water. I soaked it in an ice bath till it was about 120 degrees. The soap was at about 80 degrees. By the way could someone please tell me if they think it'll still be ok? Second, third and fourth mistakes: I decided to pre weigh all my fo's and eo's in solo cups. BIG mistake! Everything but the Sweetcakes rosemary mint melted the cups and went all over everything. The good news is, I divided the soap up great, and I think my swirls did fine. My spearmint eucalyptus is now spearmint only because all of my eucalyptus melted onto the counter. We can all breathe very well right now lol! I felt like I was in an I Love Lucy episode.

Hey, at least your house smells good, and everyone's sinuses are clear!! :D I could use some of that over here.

I can't wait to see your soaps, and hope that it comes out good. Got my fingers (and toes) crossed for ya!!

Go to Salvation Army or any thrift type store.. can get small on the rocks type glasses, shot glasses and sometimes some other neat glassware that can be use for measuring fragrances. Best part is they are usually real cheap.